Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease (dermatosis) is not fully understood, the etiology, with a tendency to recur. Causes, symptoms and methods of treatment of psoriasis will be discussed in the article below. This disease is characterized by accelerated and enhanced formation of cells in the top layer of skin, persistent inflammation and impaired properties of the epithelium cells of the skin. In addition, the skin to affect internal organs and systems of the body. Skin disease also known as psoriasis vulgaris (psoriasis).
Psoriasis is more common among young people, the debut of the typically occurs 10-20 years. But there are cases where the symptoms and treatment of psoriasis was observed in little children and the elderly. The disease occurs worldwide, and there is no clear dependence on latitude, racial or climatic conditions of the living environment. The prevalence of dermatoses varies between 0.1-3%. Post-Soviet countries, was recorded in about 1% of cases.
As often this skin pathology sick men and women.
Up to the present time have confirmed the real cause of the disease.There are several factors that lead to the emergence of the disease:
- Heredity. According to the latest scientific psoriasis is associated with certain diseases dominant transmission.
- Violation of fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism. If you suspect psoriasis quite often change these profiles in the blood, which contributes to the development of cardiovascular disease pathology, malfunction of the endocrine and the metabolic syndrome.
- The presence of chronic infectious focus in the body. Study psoriatic plaques often reveals a streptococcal flora. The occurrence of genetic abnormalities can affect virus and bacterial infections, such as tonsillitis, flu.
- The failure of the immune system. Impaired regulation of the population of T-lymphocytes, to increase the circulating immune complexes, and increased titers of antibodies to DNA leading to autoimmune reactions in the epithelium cells of the skin.
Despite the fact that the causes of psoriasis are very different, this disease is considered a genetic systemic disease, which is the tendency to inheritance and affects the internal organs and systems.
The most important part of psoriasis is a papules - flat height above the skin level of reddish bluish or pink color with a silvery flaky surface, which is horns.
The fresh eruptions are the more saturated the color, the older the time pale. They can be random or carry the character of the sewage in any case, it is the symptoms of psoriasis.
As soon as pimples appear as a single point of efflorescence, which will eventually increase in size and change in psoriatic plaques of different shapes. One patient it is possible to note the elements of damage in different stages of their development.
There symmetrical lesions, but there are exceptions depending on what were the causes of psoriasis. Most often affects the surface of the upper and lower extremities, which are bent and unbent, large joints, but the disease can affect any part of the body, including the scalp and nails. Often there is a bone and joint disease, psoriatic joint disease. Its incidence is around 15% of all cases of psoriasis.
Skin rashes, which are the main symptom of psoriasis, there is a quite a long time, but most of the time aggravation replaced remission in the absence of new damage. For the exacerbation of psoriasis is typical of the cold season, but the seasonality may change.
The differentiation of the disease there are a number of methods and properties (psoriatic triad):
Phenomenon stearin spot occurs when the psoriatic arthritis scraping element with a sharp object. During this period formed many white-silver scales, that mimic the flakes of wax.
Further manipulation appears in the terminal psoriatic arthritis film - moist and shiny surface.
The next phase is the phenomenon of baptism of blood, by the bare surface of the wound works drip blood.
Psoriatic process can be divided into several clinical stages of pathology, which is based on the severity of the disease:
- The advancing step. Fresh rashes are very often formed on the spot of trauma to the skin (biting, scratching, action of chemicals, traumatic injury). Usually 3-7 days from the moment of the traumatic effect it is possible to identify the emergence of new elements. Notes, confirmed by the marginal increase of old pimples, that grow and merge into plaques. A well-defined psoriatic triad. Patients concerned about the obvious symptoms of psoriasis of the skin - intense itching, feeling of dryness and tightness of the skin.
- Stationary phase. New elements of the rash are almost there, there is no growth. Using the existing nodes of the active surface peeling. Itching is less or gone.
- Stage of paralysis. Psoriatic plaques are pale and flattened. Goes itching. The edges of the psoriatic lesions displayed rim of depigmentation. The activity of the inflammatory process is reduced. Initial remission, which is more typical of the warm season.
The exacerbation of the process can cause a number of factors:
- Exposure to high or low temperatures.
- A lot of stress and emotional instability.
- Aggravation or occurrence of other diseases.
- Alcohol and strong errors in diet.
When defined causes and treatment of psoriasis has been carried out according to the appropriate techniques, positive dynamics is not visible.
Clinical significance of the disease psoriasis is in advanced stage, which is the height of the disease and active eruption.
Also klassificeret severity of the disease and to distinguish the two forms.Simple or psoriasis vulgaris has several varieties, depending on the shape and localization elements:
- on the palms and soles of the feet. Most often the cause of this disease is associated with the work, and is found in people performing intense physical activity. This form of the disease is isolated and affects only the hands and feet. Skin rashes are in the form of rounded plaques, often, painful cracks in them. Not only the skin of the feet and hands, often affecting the nail plate, marked degenerative changes, shape change, color change, onycholysis.
- Seborrheic. The primary lesion of psoriasis is on the scalp. In addition, the pathological process may spread to the face, neck, back and chest. More common in people prone to oily seborrhea and metabolic disorders metabolism.
- Teardrop shaped. This species is distributed throughout the body. Psoriatic elements, small size (4-5 mm) does not affect the drain.
- Folded. Lesions located in skin folds – armpits, the genitals in women under the breasts, the navel depression, between the buttocks and the perineum. Elements of the rash is a bright red color, virtually no flakes, are clear borders and a smooth, slightly wet surface. This form often affects the elderly and infants, as well as in patients with diabetes mellitus. Children's skin disease tends to adhesion plaques, the formation of huge pockets. Sometimes pimples on genital - these are only the signs of psoriasis. In this case, it is necessary to distinguish them from the lesions of other diseases.
- Warts. They are more prone to people who have excess weight. Typically occurs in the buttock and pelvic area for long-term progression of psoriasis. Can be converted to the other format, which is under the influence of microbial agent: pyoderma or viral flora. Lesions of the dermatosis a strong moist and bright inflammation, covered with yellow-gray bark. Over time, the process ends with deep penetration and tumors warts.
Another form - severe psoriasis, which in turn has several variants of the disease:
- The most dangerous of all. This variant of psoriasis occurs under the influence of different endogenous precipitating factors: stress, excessive sun exposure, treatment with corticosteroids, but in most cases the cause can not be determined. Patients found allergic Hyper-reaction, and inhibition of immunological parameters, affects the internal organs. When there are symptoms and causes of psoriasis, the skin of the entire body bloodshot eyes, purple hues and plenty of destruction of a different nature. The whole body symptoms are not the same. Patients complain of weakness and malaise. There is a growth of lymph nodes, dystrophic nail involvement, intensive hair loss. After a prolonged course, the disease provokes an imbalance of metabolic processes in the body, problems with the cardiovascular system and the kidneys.
- Psoriatic arthritis. Along with papular rash in these patients occur in disorders of the joints. Disease are more susceptible to men, young and middle-aged, pathology scant characteristic clinical symptoms, and a clear indication the x-ray. This is the most difficult and complicated form of psoriasis, which leads to injury, and in some cases fatal. The affected limb according to the type of arthritis, the small joints of the hands and feet, the spine. Articular manifestations occur in approximately 4 to 6 years after disease onset, sometimes simultaneously with the rash. X-rays are visualized as foci of osteoporosis, narrowing of joint space, the appearance of osteophytes.
- Pustular. This type of skin disease is divided into two types: simple and General. Simple type of pustular psoriasis feet and palms appear symmetrical rash, pustules, erythematous skin with this body can also be papular elements. The overall shape of the patient's condition is severe, there is fever, weakness, and leukocytosis. Massive rash all over the body in the form of a special diffuse bright red lesions and small pimples, forming a brownish-yellow crust. This type of dermatitis develops secondarily and has a tendency to degenerate, ending in death. Therefore, the symptoms, causes and treatment of psoriasis must be kept under strict medical supervision.In addition to the main types of psoriasis, there are many forms and atypical movements of the process.
When the disease psoriasis and the choice of treatment take into account many factors. But always approach the treatment of complex disease.All patients with psoriasis are recommended to improve your eating habits:
- A diet balanced in protein, fat and carbohydrates.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, especially in the family Solanaceae.
- Avoid foods with preservatives and flavor additives, fast food.
- Abandon admission of alcohol and strong tea and coffee.
- You must try to avoid stressful situations, more to relax and sleep properly.
Depending on the cause of psoriasis, type and severity of the sure that the drug treatment is prescribed.For mild severity of the disease usually prescribe these groups of drugs to the basic treatment:
- Drugs that reduce vascular permeability, antihistamines.
- Sedatives and tranquilizers.
- Rehab drugs for internal administration, and plasma substitutes.
- Creams with corticosteroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, tar, etc.
With moderate and severe course of the disease, in addition to the basic therapy applied:
- Corticosteroids in the form of tablets and injections.
- Also cytostatics.
- It immunomodulators.
Effective in the treatment of psoriasis involves the widespread use of methods of physical therapy effects, especially selective photochemotherapy and phototherapy (a complex effect of UV rays broad spectrum light). Healing photochemotherapy gives excellent results.
Range of light therapy with simultaneous application of vitamin a has shown good results in the treatment of skin disease mild. Device to perform the procedure compact, you can use them psoriasis treatment at home.
Running severe forms of the disease can lead to malfunction of the internal organs: liver, kidneys, cardiovascular system, severe metabolic disorders.
Psoriatic arthritis is due to degenerative changes in the skeletal system is full of dislocations, subluxations and fractures. This type of skin disease is often leads to disability.
The most common forms of psoriasis are progresses rapidly and can lead to death. Therefore, even a little symptoms of psoriasis the skin will not be left without attention as soon as possible consult a doctor.
Regardless of what is said, the symptoms and causes of psoriasis, all actions aimed at the normalization of diet, routine and rest. Because of the hereditary transmission of psoriasis is a child monitor their health, to undergo medical checkups, eat well, and avoid stress.
Because this disease affects the liver, as a preventive measure, should be excluded from the diet citrus fruits, sweets, smoked and fried foods, canned foods, prepared foods, etc.
The period of withdrawal of active process, it is recommended that Spa treatments, professional physiotherapy, massage.