Psoriasis is a skin disease with red scaly patches covered with silvery scales that cause itching.
Psoriasis usually appears between the ages of 20-30 years, and it is often hereditary. Psoriasis is not a contagious disease. Even mild psoriasis can cause serious psychological problems: low self-esteem, feelings of shame and social isolation. Die of psoriasis, but the effect of this disease on the human life very seriously.
Causes the development of psoriasis
The exact causes of psoriasis are still unknown, but in most cases psoriasis is associated with the following factors:
- too active distribution of skin cells (10 times more than normal), which leads to a convex plaques and peeling of the top layer of the skin;
- low immunity after the disease.
The symptoms of psoriasis
It is advisable to consult a doctor if the following symptoms:
- red convex spots (plaques) covered with dry white or silvery scales. Spots often appear on the elbows and knees, however the rash can be anywhere on the body: scalp, hands, nails and face. In some cases, the spots itch;
- deformed nails;
- strong exfoliation of dead skin cells (like dandruff);
- blisters on the palms and soles of the feet, painful cracks in the skin.
- arthritis (joint inflammation) in severe cases;
- depression is associated with low self-esteem.
What can you do
You should consult a doctor and strictly implement all its recommendations. You can also be in the sun for 15-30 minutes every day, not drinking alcohol, avoid stress, maintain a healthy lifestyle, watch your weight.
What the doctor
To explain condition, provide the necessary information and make recommendations. Recommend cream, ointment or other agent for the treatment of psoriasis (for example, preparations containing tar). Prescribe the necessary drugs. To recommend specific treatments (treatment-uv-light-PUVA).