Despite the fact that the disease is known in medicine for a long time, the exact cause has not yet been established. There are several theories about the conditions for the emergence of diseases, each of which has both supporters and opponents.
What psoriasis occurs in adults, and what theory is this?
- Some researchers believe that the cause of this disease is a hereditary predisposition. It is due to the presence of gene mutations characteristic of all patients with psoriasis. The greatest danger is that psoriasis shows itself fell to 2, 5 and 6.generation.
- One theory is that psoriasis affected due to violation of metabolic processes. In particular, we talk about the failures in the metabolism of fats and nitrogen.
- Chronic stress or serious traumatic stressful situation can also cause the development of the disease. There are many cases where the onset of symptoms after the death of a loved one, separation, job loss, etc.
- Hormonal changes can act as a catalyst, when the first signs of psoriasis. For example, the development of the disease can be the same pregnancy, childbirth, early menopause.
- If a person has an autoimmune disorder, it can lead to the development of disease. In addition, according to the immune theory of the emergence of this disease, psoriasis is an autoimmune disease.
In recent years, the relationship of psoriasis with obesity, metabolic syndrome, elevated blood pressure, cholesterol.
In some cases (in particular, the current status of burdened heredity, etc.) psoriasis may begin as a result of the following factors:
- the constant friction and microtrauma of the skin;
- change climate warm to cool;
- when malnutrition and General fatigue of the body;
- alcohol abuse and Smoking.
Treatment of psoriasis in adults: symptoms and treatment
Depending on the form, severity and localization of the disease symptoms of psoriasis can vary.
- When the vulgar (plaque) form of psoriasis on the body appear distinctive rounded lesions, known as plaques. First, they presented a slight redness, accompanied by itching. Later, their surface is covered with gray tone, resembling paraffin shavings (this plaque is called "paraffin lakes"). The skin around them becomes red and scaly, its local temperature can rise. Localization vulgar forms of the disease can be any of: plaque psoriasis appears on the face, head and body.
- The main feature of the inverted forms of the disease consists of damage to the skin folds, inner thighs, armpits, under the skin of the breast glands. The rash causes red spots, accompanied by peeling.
- Guttate psoriasis is characterized by the appearance of the body of small pink or red lesions that resemble drops.
- Seborrheic psoriasis localized on the scalp, behind the ears, near the lips and nose, and sometimes on the chest and upper back. This skin looks silvery-grey, dry scales that resemble dandruff.
- Pustular psoriasis presents training the patient's body, the blisters filled with fluid, the skin around them red and swollen. When the vesicles burst, and in their place to form a dense shell. In some cases, this form of the disease can be very dangerous not only for health but also human life – for example, when the pustular psoriasis.
- Exudative psoriasis is characterized by the appearance of a rash, full of exudate, with the further development of oozing lesions and yellowish crusts. The rash associated with severe itching, which can lead to a rash and further contact with the wound infection.
- The most dangerous form of psoriasis is psoriatic erythroderma. The rash usually affects a large area of the body(90%) and is accompanied by peeling, itching, pain, fever, swollen lymph nodes, and in particularly severe cases, detachment of the layers of the skin.
- Psoriatic arthritis occurs in the participation of small and large joints. In most cases, it affects joints in the fingers and toes. The skin over them becomes tense, red, and hot to the touch. The main distinguishing feature of this form of the disease is a change in the shape of the fingers: they become asymmetric, short and thick, in appearance resembles a sausage. If left untreated, it can advance, leading to the person's disability.
- Psoriasis of the nails the surface thickens, becomes darker, yellowish, or white tint. In some cases, the nails may appear a point or longitudinal grooves.
- Sometimes psoriatic disorders affect not only the skin and joints, but also the tissues located more deeply. In such cases, the person feels pain and discomfort in the muscles.
A person faced with the above symptoms, ask is psoriasis is curable in adults? Unfortunately, the answer. This disease is chronic and currently, the drug is not able to provide a tool, which can fully release the patient's psoriatic lesions.
Other: diagnosis and treatment – it is the prerogative of the doctor. Self-medicate, because it can lead to weakening and a transition to psoriasis more severe form. To get an accurate diagnosis and get recommendations for treatment, you need to consult a dermatologist, who will do research, collect a medical history and order laboratory studies.
The core treatment for psoriasis is to reduce the intensity of symptoms, the overall strengthening of the body and prolong periods of remission. In order to achieve this, commonly used a comprehensive approach that includes medication inside, external application of ointments and creams, diet and management, the use of physical therapy methods, etc.
Drug treatment of psoriasis in adults involves the use of topical treatments – hormonal and non-hormonal creams, gels, lotions, which help to reduce redness, itching and peeling. The appointment of hormonal methods the doctor evaluates the ratio of benefits from their use and potential harm. This is due to the drugs in this category affect not only the skin but also other organs and systems, and long-term irrational use can be fraught with health problems. The benefits of hormonal methods is their performance.
After stabilization of the patient's condition hormones usually cancel the appointment instead of non-steroidal tools. It can be lotions and creams, the composition of which birch or pine tar, grease, herbal extracts, zinc, vitamin D, oil of salicylic acid. An important role in the treatment of psoriatic lesions retinoids play – external medicines, which contain vitamin A
What oral medications, the patient may be prescribed antihistamines, hepatoprotectors, vitamins and minerals, sedatives, immunomodulators, chelators, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics (if infection in the sores that appeared on the site of the rash). Severe psoriasis is a defined systemic treatment.
In addition to the medical treatment, you need to pay attention to nutrition. Your daily diet is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, fiber, legumes, cereals, lean meat and poultry, fish and seafood. From the menu, you should eliminate simple carbohydrates, sugar, soft drinks, bread from wheat flour and butter pastry, alcohol, artificial colors, preservatives, TRANS-fats, emulsifiers, flavourings, smoked and pickled foods.
Well proven physical therapy methods, such as PUVA-therapy, electrophoresis, phonophoresis, cryotherapy, laser therapy, magneto therapy, electric. Positive results can be achieved by applying methods of treatment, and hirudotherapy. To achieve a significant impact, it is also possible, because of climate change: many of the patients find reduce the symptoms of psoriasis after a long stay at sea.
Psoriasis treatment adults at home
The prescribed treatment can be supplemented with the use of traditional medicine. However, you need to understand that psoriasis is a serious chronic disease, whose treatment should not be limited to the method of the grandmother. In addition, before using the traditional medicine need to consult with an expert.
Equally effective in the treatment of psoriasis at home is to provide a bath of sea salt, baking soda, starch, decoction of herbs or oats. We should also note the possibility of self-cooking at home, creams and balms based on the tar, eggs, plants and other ingredients.
The treatment of plaques and damage to the widely used vegetable oils, olive, burdock, linseed, sea buckthorn. They all are rich in vitamin composition, has a calming effect, help fight itching and flaking.
How to care for skin psoriasis?
Reduce symptoms and prolong remission, it is important to give your skin the right treatment:
- Washing, bathing and showering you need to use water with a temperature of 36-38 degrees. Too hot water can improve the skin peeling.
- Avoid washcloths and replace them with soft jaws. Dry preferably with a soft towel.
- If the rash is localized to the exposed parts of the body, it is impossible to cover them up with makeup because this can lead to the strengthening of the rash.
- The presence of plaques foot is recommended to use special orthopedic insoles that reduce the pressure on the feet.
- It is necessary to give up close to synthetic and woolen clothes, replacing it with a more spacious, made of natural materials.
If you don't follow the advice of your doctor, eat right and take care of your skin, can significantly reduce symptoms and prolong periods of remission of psoriasis in people of Mature age.