This stage of development of medicine to cure psoriasis forever even if it is impossible, because the mechanisms of its occurrence and manifestations, have not been studied. This disease is chronic in nature. This means that the periods of remission vary relapses. If you choose the right treatment and adhere to it, can maximize the withdrawal and reduces the number of relapses. In this issue, we need a professional approach. The first sign of the disease, contact your doctor immediately.
The risk of psoriasis
The view that psoriasis brings only aesthetic discomfort wrong. The danger of this disease, the entire body can not be underestimated. The disease is systemic, which means that it affects all internal organs.
Psoriasis triggers disruption of the functioning of the immune system. If you do not start timely treatment, it means huge complications: nail psoriasis can lead to deformation and complete loss of the nail plate;
- develop liver disease, the kidneys;
- plaques appear not only the body, but the mucous membranes, they can be localized in the bladder, the urethra, causing cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis;
- deteriorating joints in the future, is psoriatic arthritis;
- there is a risk of damage to the nervous system, sometimes psoriasis develop polyneuritis, epilepsy, encephalopathy;
- enlargement and inflammation of the lymph nodes;
- heart problems;
- eye disease conjunctivitis, lumbo the lens;
- The palms and soles of psoriasis is associated with pain, so hard to go to perform manipulations with his hands.
Psoriatic arthritis pimples can occur in any area of the body. Most often they first appear on the elbows, knees. Depending on the localization and characteristics, the symptoms, the disease is classified in different types.
Hormonal and non-hormonal treatment of psoriasis
Cure for psoriasis it is possible to use hormonal and non-hormonal treatment. Each of these methods has its advantages and disadvantages, and application features.
In the early stages, doctors prescribe non-hormonal drugs. They are slow, so I suggest a long course of treatment. With their help it is possible to remove the unpleasant symptoms that accompany the disease. They eliminate the itching, hydrates the skin, promotes healing of wounds. Such medicines are suitable for the treatment of children.
In severe forms, or when non-hormonal drugs is not to improve the patient's condition, prescribed hormone therapy. It involves the use of corticosteroids produced in the body by the adrenal cortex. Their main task is to normalize the metabolism.
Treatment of psoriasis using the 2 subspecies of hormones:
Glucocorticoids to normalize glucose metabolism. This group includes cortisone, hydrocortisone.
Mineralocorticoids normalizes the exchange of minerals, especially calcium, sodium and potassium. The main representative is aldosterone.
The main advantage of hormone therapy, this approach helps to quickly improve the symptoms of psoriasis. But these drugs have a very rapid effect on the body, which causes many side effects. This applies to both tablets and creams. Hormones contained in drugs for external use, absorbed by the skin, penetrate into the blood, carried throughout the body.
Complications, that can cause hormonal treatment:
diabetes steroids type;
the deposition of salts in the joints, arthritis;
calculate the production level of potassium to support the heart;
increased blood pressure, swelling of the face and body; cholesterol;
renal failure, liver; failure of the menstrual cycle;
increased blood clotting, thrombosis;
neurological disease, the deterioration of the skin;
rapid weight gain, obesity.
Hormone therapy can be used only by physicians who comply with the specified dose and a maximum of care. The drug dose should be gradually decreased.
Never self-medicate, using hormonal drugs. They are strictly contraindicated for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. It is important to take into account that some of the hormones very slowly excreted, so that hormone therapy less than 2 years, there is a risk of malformations to the fetus.
Depending on the stage and severity of the disease treatment of psoriasis has been selected as a single agent (provides for the appointment of 1. medicine), or by using several tools. When you want to cure chronic psoriasis usually combined with medication internal treatment that includes pills, injections, external preparations for the operation of ointments, creams, lotions, medicated shampoos. Consider more drugs effective in the treatment of different stages of psoriasis.
Medicines for internal use
To get rid of psoriasis help:
Pills and injections are prescribed for acute period of the disease. They reduce the itching and has a soothing effect, normalizes the activity of the nervous system. Very effective antihistamine drugs of the new generation. They are used when the patient's normal sleep.
Reduces the activity of the pathological process of cell division, which improve the appearance of the skin, promotes the disappearance of pimples.
Improve skin psoriasis. It is a derivative of vitamin a should be carefully. Is contraindicated in pregnancy planning and during pregnancy.
Effectively cleanse the body of toxins, that is of paramount importance in the treatment of psoriasis, especially when the disease progresses
If the background of the psoriasis develop a contagious disease is determined Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Macrolides, Interferon.
Necessary when psoriasis is accompanied by disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
To normalize the activity of T-lymphocytes, which play a key role in the development of psoriasis. Drugs, such as Cyclosporine Sandimmune and prevents the T-lymphocytes aggressively affect healthy skin cells.
It is important to note that immunosuppressive agents are toxic, therefore it is used only by the doctor.
This is a non-steroidal medication. They relieve inflammation and reduce or minimize the pain.
The development of modern pharmaceutical industry. They normalize the activity of T-lymphocytes, but inhibit the immune system. The person becomes vulnerable to viruses, infections.
In addition, you need to take vitamin complexes.
Medicines for external use
Early stages of psoriasis is easy to cure the particular lotions and creams. In the severe form of the disease, they are an indispensable part of complex treatment, because they allow as much as possible and quickly remove the symptoms, directly affect the joints of psoriasis pimples.
The most effective drugs:
Hormonal ointments and creams
Due to the content of hormones the actions of a few applications. They will be given in the acute stage of the disease to reduce inflammation, peeling, itching, to prevent excessive growth of skin cells.
Hormonal drugs have different intensity of effects on the body. A particular parameter, they are divided into 4 groups:
- Class I - containing small concentrations of hormones, has been shown, when a small number of pimples, especially when they are the body areas with sensitive skin (face, groin);
- Class II reduces the permeability of blood vessels, eliminate swelling, itching, inflammation.
- Class III - to quickly remove the chronic symptoms of psoriasis;
- Class IV are the most active hormonal drugs, which help of the most advanced forms of psoriasis. Their active ingredients quickly penetrate the skin
The maximum duration of treatment hormone therapy is 7-14 days gradual dose reduction, otherwise there is an addictive drug.
non-hormonal creams and creams
Improves skin condition, reduces unpleasant sensations that accompany psoriasis. The main types of these drugs:
- tar is produced on the basis of birch, pine tar, effective in combating inflammation on the skin, stops abnormal cell division, these drugs are Vishnevsky ointment, and intraalveolar cream indifferent work superficially, moisturizes and softens the skin, is named after the progressive stage of the disease, this group contains salicylic acid and zinc ointments;
- cream solido in based on solido in, softens the skin surface, promoting cell renewal of the epidermis, antiseptic and anesthetic effects; cream of vitamins, stimulate the metabolism and improve skin condition;
- lotions contain oil relieves pain, itching, promotes flaking of the psoriatic papules;
- creams, the mustard gas used in stationary and retreating stages of the disease
The benefits of non-hormonal creams, they are not addictive, does not affect the functioning of the endocrine system and other internal organs, which are compatible with other medicines.
Medicated shampoos to treat psoriasis of the scalp.
We have a comprehensive effect, they eliminate the pain and promote healing of the pimples, helping the skin to recover. The main types of shampoos:
- antifungals - removed from the surface of the skin by a fungus, relieve itching, flaking;
- tar - tar, which cleanse the skin of dead cells, eliminates the itching, reduce inflammation;
- treatment includes Ichthyol, salicylic acid, zinc promotes healing of pimples, activating the natural processes of repair of the skin;
- cosmetics contain small concentrations of treatment components, therefore, is configured to prevent psoriasis, but not for treatment;
- children - designed for the treatment of psoriasis of the child, therefore, make the most of natural ingredients, does not contain chemical compounds, fragrances.
Patches of psoriasis
The new facility, which is glued to the skin. Includes oil, borneol, fluosinonidi, which guarantee no Allergic, anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect
Treatment of all types of psoriasis high efficiency is achieved in physical therapy. Keep them only for the stationary stage of the disease. The acute phase of physical therapy is not used.
Consider the most popular procedures:
- UV-radiation is dependent on the area affected of the skin is used for interregional or fully exposure. Are used in the treatment of psoriasis year. The amount and duration of procedures are determined individually.
- Electrosleep has a calming effect, normalizes the activity of the nervous system. To accelerate the healing of pimples. Is 8-10 procedures 20-60 minutes.
- Range of light therapy (S. F. t.) for psoriasis skin areas are exposed to waves with a length of 310-340 nm. To promote long-term remission. The duration of treatment is determined individually.
- PUVA-treatment is addressed, when the most difficult stage of psoriasis affects large areas of the skin. The essence of the procedure patients are inside the photosensitizers, and then made the irradiation of the UV-a wave length of 320-400 nm. We have to go to 25 sessions. You may experience side effects such as dryness, itching, redness, skin pigmentation, nausea, hepatitis.
- Radiation therapy to the affected area of the skin is exposed to ultra-soft or soft x-rays. It removes the itching and inflammation, accelerate the healing process. The procedure is performed 1 time per 4-7 days.
- Papules are exposed to ultrasonic waves with a frequency of 800-3000 kHz. To achieve anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiallergenic effect is 8-14 session lasts a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Cold treatment reduces itching, stimulates the metabolism. Promotes healing of pimples, you need to go to 20-25 procedures 2-3.5 minutes twice a day.
- Magnetic therapy prescribed to all sorts of diseases, but is particularly effective in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis. Normalizes the activity of the central nervous system, relieves itching, stimulates the regeneration of the procession of the skin. The duration of treatment is 10-12 sessions of 10 minutes.
- Laser therapy is a painless method, which involves irradiation of the papules laser, which contributes to their rapid healing. The amount and duration of procedures the doctor determines individually.
- Bath with sea salt will negate the symptoms of the disease, improve the skin condition. For their preparation need water 37-37°C per liter, which is dissolved 5 g of salt. Take 15-20 days to 15-20 minutes.
Many who cure psoriasis completely, take a comprehensive course in sanatorium-resort treatment. He proposed treatment with mineral water, dirt, oil and other methods.