Psoriasis is one of the most common skin lesions which are noninfectious in nature. Rash of this disease has been found, the feet, the scalp and other parts of the body. It is also characterized by a chronic course with frequent exacerbations and periods of remission. Psoriasis on the legs occur in many patients, the main symptom is the formation of small spots of white or gray scales in the skin surface of the lower extremities. The disease is not contagious from one person to another, so you can get even in close contact with the patient impossible.
Causes of psoriasis
According to statistics, the disease occurs equally in men and women, and the age of the patient also has a significant role. However, the real cause of psoriasis the legs and other areas of the human body is unknown to science, although many clinical studies on this topic. The disease is very difficult, therefore, to identify the main sources of its origin still. But doctors have identified several risk factors likely to develop psoriatic disease.
- Often damage the skin of the feet, especially the fingers.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Hormonal changes.
- Often stress, psycho-emotional activity.
- Infectious lesions of the body.
- Intoxication syndrome.
- Violations of metabolic processes.
- Excessive dryness of the skin of the foot.
- Improper foot care, use of poor quality cosmetics.
- Disorders of the endocrine system.
- Chemical and fire injuries.
- Excessive hygiene.
- Alcoholic beverages intoxication.
- Varicose disease of the veins in the legs.
- Allergic reactions.
- The weakening of the immune system's defenses.
- The pathology of fat metabolism.
- Long-term use of the drug.
Often there is a seasonal progression of the disease. Causes of psoriasis, that occurs in the legs, depending on the time of year:
- The aggravation due to exposure to UV radiation is in the summer psoriasis.
- Aggravation under the influence of frost is in the winter psoriasis.
- Are seasonal or year-round form of the disease that occur without periods of remission.
The varieties of the disease
There are several types and forms of psoriasis foot:
- The usual psoriasis. It is a common condition in which the skin of the foot is formed of silver or grey plaques that are connected to each other, forming large foci of inflammation. The infection usually affects the feet, legs and knees.
- Generalized pustular psoriasis is the most severe form of the disease, which is also called exudative psoriasis, the disease Tsumbush. Education bubble filled with red liquid, normally opened, and when the penetration of infection the risk of sepsis. This pathology occurs most commonly in the lower legs (feet, shins, knees).
- Plantar pustules, in which the soles appear pus formation, prone to sprawl and spread. The main side effect is permanent mechanical damage to ulcers in the leg.
- Acrodermatitis – a non-contagious form of psoriasis, which is manifested in the fingers, toes, legs and other parts of the lower extremities. The disease can cause delamination of the nail plate.
- Guttate psoriasis is often occurs due to the streptococcal infection. Characterized by a punctate rash.
- Psoriatic joint disease is an internal form of the disease, which is the loss of the knee and hip joints, connective tissue. The main symptom – swelling of the toes, this pathology has a high probability of immobilization and disability.
- Psoriasis flexor areas of the knees and hips.
If the judge according to the clinical symptoms, psoriasis is divided into:
- Vulgar or ordinary.
- Disease of the joints.
Signs and stages of the disease
Psoriasis of the soles and other parts of the legs brings a lot of inconvenience, because the cracking of the skin, which itches and itches, limbs swell and hurt. This pathology is characterized by often changes in periods of remissions and exacerbations when all the symptoms first disappear and then come back with a Bang.
The disease usually affects the following areas:
- The patella.
The typical symptoms occur:
- In the initial stage the symptoms of psoriasis on the legs is low. Usually appears as small spots, which later grow, start to shell, covered with scales and the mixing of the characteristic psoriatic plaque.
- With the progression of the disease is the rapid spread of the rash, the development of inflammation, accompanied by intense itching. Particularly active lesions are formed in areas where the integrity of the skin. Formed before the platelets start to peel off strongly. Severe psoriasis occur in the legs, because the skin in this area is constantly exposed to mechanical stress as a result of walking.
- At the stationary stage, the disease does not progress, but does not pass, it is just a powerful exfoliation of the skin and itching.
- Regressive stage is characterized by the disappearance of the rash and pigmentation of the skin in the affected areas.
Specifics of psoriasis on the legs can be seen, and see appropriate pictures.
Competent treatment of psoriasis is associated with the implementation of the whole complex of therapeutic measures, whose purpose is to reduce the pathological symptoms. The great value has the careful treatment, the legs, the timely replacement of socks, disinfecting and moisturizing the skin, as well as to choose the appropriate Shoe that does not press, does not hinder movement, and was not injured.
The estimated system for the treatment of psoriasis on the legs
- External treatment that involves the use of creams, gels, and other local funds for the anti-inflammatory effect.
- Systemic treatment is medication inside. Generally been shown to have immunostimulating drugs, antihistamines, hormone drugs, sedatives, vitamins, cytostatics, etc.
- A popular treatment is using natural remedies to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Physiotherapy treatments – light therapy, laser radiation, cryotherapy, etc.
- Compliance with therapeutic diets.
To remove the psoriasis the legs and other part of the leg recommended physical therapy Complements comprehensive treatment. But you can't use them in the acute stage, physical therapy is intended only for the stationary stage of the disease and during remission.
The most effective methods:
- The Uv irradiation.
- Magneto therapy.
- The Laser treatment.
- Laser photochemotherapy.
- The cold treatment.
- Treatment pulse and high frequency currents.
It is very important to take proper care of the feet, psoriasis. The skin this pathology needs regular hydration and nutrition, especially after hygienic procedures.
In order to improve the therapeutic effect of medical treatment you can use several popular recipes, to reduce inflammation and prevent the spread of the rash to reduce itching and painful sensations:
- Cream with propolis and melted butter.
- Crushed celandine mixed with vaseline.
- Ointment with propolis, vitamin A and warm butter.
- A mixture of honey and glycerin.
- A mix of medical solido in, bee honey and baby cream.
- A mixture of salicylic acid, birch tar and castor oil.
- The juice of celandine.
- A poultice of raw potato.
- Tea tree oil essential extracts of lavender, rosemary, almond.
- A mixture of Kalanchoe juice, honey and eucalyptus oil.
- A compress of Apple cider vinegar.
Psoriasis treatment you need in and out, to follow all the doctor's recommendations for medication. Equally important is the diet, which includes exclusion from the diet of sweets, meats, alcohol and other harmful products. Recommended increased consumption of fermented milk products and vegetable food.