Psoriasis is a chronic non-communicable diseases, which is manifested mainly by skin lesions. In most cases of psoriasis the patient's body is formed in areas of chronic inflammation, which belong to the elements of the rash (depending on the disease in different parts of the body covered with dry pimples, red spots or pustules).
Psoriasis is a common chronic skin disease that can occur at any age. The majority of patients are fair-skinned people from 16 to 22 and 57 to 60 years.
Recent studies suggest that psoriasis refers to a systemic autoimmune disease, although the cause of the disease is not confirmed.
The disease can occur in mild, moderate or severe form (severe form often accompanied by psoriatic arthritis, which can lead to disability).
Psoriasis of the body depending on the skin rash may be:
- Vulgar (simple as a plaque or vulgaris). Is the most common form, that different body parts appear dry, slightly elevated above the skin surface small, dense, red and hot spots (papules). Papules in most cases occur in areas of skin that are prone to friction (waist, stomach, etc.), mechanical injuries, burns or exposure to low temperatures (hands). With the development of the disease the papules merge into a large, covered with dry silvery scales plaques and serious disease, the platelets will form the entire disk ("paraffin lakes").
- Pustular. This severe form of the disease begins with the appearance of the body by small blisters which contain clear, sterile fluid. The skin on the affected areas of red, thickened, swollen, and easily peels off. If the disease occurs in a limited form, the rash appears most often in the legs and arms, and a generalized form of small pustules merge into larger and spread throughout the body.
- Point. In this form of the disease, the lesions spread throughout the body. Psoriasis back, hips, limbs, neck and stomach is manifested in the form of numerous red or purple small dry spots, which resemble the points or drops. This form first occurs in patients after myocardial infarction streptococcal infection.
- Inverse (psoriasis flexor surfaces). Elements of the rash in this form of the disease is the flat red spots that flake, and almost does not rise above the skin. It usually appears on the psoriasis the priest (the folds), in the groin, under the breasts and in the armpits. Inverse psoriasis can be complicated by a fungal infection and streptococcal pyoderma, because of sweating and rubbing of the affected area.
The appearance of psoriatic rash on the body associated with the inflammatory process of the skin. Inflammation provokes the rapid reproduction of skin cells, overgrowth of the upper layer of the epidermis of the small capillaries and the withering away of the surface layer of the skin.
The reasons for the development of the inflammatory process is not fully elucidated, but it is known that psoriasis is provoked by certain factors:
- in stressful situations (mental or physical stress);
- dry skin;
- household chemicals, cosmetics, and other external stimuli;
- Smoking, alcohol, excessive hygiene, mechanical trauma (factors that affect the condition of your skin);
- use of certain medications (beta-blockers, anticonvulsants, etc.);
- climate change;
- infectious and allergic diseases.
Psoriasis can be completely cured, but symptomatic treatment, which occurred in early stages of the disease, you can prevent the spread of the inflammatory process.
It seems that psoriasis of the body in the initial stage of the disease depends on the disease:
- If (vulgar) psoriasis such as plaque in the body looks like a small pink papules, which resemble allergic dermatitis. The surrounding skin of pimples will swelling, itching, and pimples gradually transformirovalsya into plaques, which are coated with cells (silvery scales).
- When pustular psoriasis on the body appear bright red patches of inflammation, which looks like a small, fluid-filled bubbles, gradually increasing in size (usually primary cells of pustular psoriasis appear on the buttocks and genital area).
- With the teardrop shape of any area of the body appear red spots (I can remember drops), no larger than a grain of lenses.
- The inverse form of psoriasis the natural folds of the skin show red spots, shiny smooth surface (characteristic of psoriasis is similar to plaque scale do not exist).
Elements of the rash may look like dots, drops or round plaques. Rash can use one character (usually these lesions are symmetrical), or in the form of rings, arcs, and "map" on uneven edges.
Under the influence of stimuli plaque acquire visibility and become a cherry red, long-term psoriasis has been observed cyanosis of the elements of the rash and serious penetration.
Psoriasis is characterized by a variable course – times of the lesions, their growth and intense peeling is replaced by the stationary and declining stages (the new elements are not formed, and the current gradually disappear).
The diagnosis is established on the basis of psoriatic arthritis triad, which occurs when the light poskablivanii the affected area. Observed phenomena:
- stearic spots;
- terminal protection;
- point bleeding.
In doubtful cases, a biopsy is done of the skin.
Psoriasis on the body is treated:
- Local preparations. In the initial stage it is possible to use a non-hormonal ointments (sulphur, salicylic, etc.). Psoriasis body effective based cream tar. Because the effect of the ointments containing corticosteroids.
- The systemic treatment. Apply a retinoid, which reduces the increase skin cells, immunosuppressants, which reduce immune system activity, and cytotoxic agents, inhibiting the rapid growth of skin cells.
Psoriasis treatment of the body is at home with the help of various ointments, creams, ointments, baths, decoctions and infusions.
Good effect of photochemotherapy (PUVA-therapy). Also use magnetic therapy, bee venom therapy and other physiotherapy methods.